Sunday, April 4, 2010

I think I get it now

Last night, Michele and I watched The Ten Commandments ("Mo-zhus! Mo-zhus!") up until the Israelites were set free, and then we got sleepy and turned it off.

The fifties classic put me in mind of other films, and I remembered reading, as a kid, the movie posters that said no one would be seated during the last 30 minutes of the film. I thought it was pretty odd that the audience would have to stand up for 30 minutes.


("Notice! No one seated during the last, lethal five minutes of the picture!")

And that thought led to another. I remember gumball machines placed by the Lions, and the label read "For needy children." I never bought a gumball from them, because I didn't want anyone to think that I was a needy child.


1 comment:

RetroMag said...

Sometimes it just takes a little time----