Sunday, September 7, 2008

So you'll be voting for the Marquis de Sade, Lord Byron, and Eliot Spitzer?


Michele and I volunteered to work with the local Obama campaign. Last Sunday, Michele canvassed in Quemazon, and today I canvassed in Western Area. We've also donated to the campaign. 

Canvassing was fun. We're not supposed to go into people's houses, but instead talk to them from the porch. One elderly woman in a wheelchair answered the door and invited me in. I thanked her and said that we weren't supposed to go inside, presumably so people can't whack us. She gave me a shrewd look and said, "You never know."

When I asked another senior about whom she would be voting, she said, "Not Obama, that's for sure! His wife is a lippy pitbull. And McCain's not much better. I think I'm going to vote for those Libertines, Barr and Root!"

5 comments:

Marion Agnew said...

We're having an election up here, too. The two major candidates are two late-forties white guys named Steve. Choosing between them is a challenge. (Not really.)

Mike Westfall said...

Well, Mesa Mike's family is not voting for Obama!

MrBears said...

I would have liked to see McCain's teleprompter at the convention. I'm sure it told him when to smile. Or maybe he was just passing gas.

Obama/Biden 2008!

Mike Westfall said...

When I went to the rally in ABQ, I got to shake McCain's hand.

I'm now only 2 degrees of separation away from George Washington!

deSade/Byron 2008!

Shoe said...

I knew McCain was old, Mesa, but Heavens to Betsy (Ross)!!