Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Absolute-LEE!

Thanks, BobBIE, for posting the Dickey Lee tune.

When I was little, I thought the singers on the radio were singing live down at KRSN. Normally as tranquil as a September morn, I remember going to pieces one day when I heard Peggy Lee singing, because if we didn't get downtown really fast, she'd be gone.



Years later, P and I went to Opryland and saw Brenda Lee. I remember seeing her on TV and being enchanted by her voice and the fact that she was only a few years older than I. Her show in Opryland was fabulous.



And who can forget Eugene "Porky" Lee of the Little Rascals?

1 comment:

BobbieS53 said...

Peggy Lee burned up a few good men!

You Tube sure has a lot of songs. Since I discovered the Dickey Lee song, I've been looking for other songs I haven't heard in a while. I could spend a lot of time there!