Friday, October 8, 2010

Heard and overheard

A long-time local customer came in and asked for a specific issue of a New Mexico art magazine that she really, really wanted. We have never carried magazines. I said, "I'm sure the issue you want is available at the Downtown Subscription in Santa Fe." She said, "Well, I don't go down to Santa Fe very often, and I wondered if you would go down and pick up the magazine for me." I said, "Sure. Will you pay me mileage down and back and $30.00 an hour for my time?" She said, "I don't want it that bad."

******

Staffer, after checking our inventory for a book the customer requested: "I'm sorry, but we don't have that book in stock. May I order it for you? It will be here in about three business days."

Customer: "Would it be more convenient for you if I ordered it from Amazon?"

******

"I'm looking for a book about Los Alamos. We have it at home, but I don't know what it's about."

******
Mei, to her friend at the Fun"d" Run: "This is my aunt. She owns Otowi Station. Have you been there? We have all kinds of great stuff. We have books. We have Pokemon cards. We have stuffed animals. We have manga books. You'll probably have to get permission from your mom to read manga, because sometimes they're kind of bloody. We have all kinds of toys."

4 comments:

RetroMag said...

nometI still say you should wrie a book. Not only wouldyou profit, but think of the money it would generate for the store!

That little Mei! Is she now a partner in the store?

RetroMag said...

Ignore "nomet" above. The word verif. got misplaced again.

Poss said...

is she secretly on staff?

P-Doobie said...

Mei isn't on the staff, but she's really proprietary.