Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My first act after the election

I sent Senator Obama a copy of Power to Save the World: the Truth about Nuclear Energy and encouraged him to call for a new Manhattan Project to develop economical, sustainable, safe energy that will help combat global warming. (I also sent him a copy of The Shadow of the Wind, for those times when he's too tired to start a new project but not sleepy enough to go to bed.)

I also asked him to use independent bookstores when he and his staff need books and to let Otowi Station know when he needs scientific and technical books.

Let's get to work! We have a lot to do!

2 comments:

Shoe said...

That's very thoughtful of you, p-doobie! I hope he reads them.

By the way, my word verification is nonsants, and I disagree completely!

BobbieS53 said...

I hope that your books get to him personally and not just one of his staffers. Nuclear fuel is still near and dear to me after my 18 years working on developing advanced nuclear fuels. I sincerely hope he reads the books.