Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jack the Laff Riot

Thanks, Chuckbert, for posting the latest carousel o' slides. I remember when Jack took the picture below at Knott's Berry Farm. He asked me to pose with the burro, and I innocently complied. 

Afterwards he delighted in showing this slide to company. Every time the image appeared, he'd ask, "Now. . . which one is the jackass?" And everyone would laugh, and I'd try to make the best of it. But I felt that he was shaming me. See also Chuckbert's Simple Grudge Index.


4 comments:

Shoe said...

I'm sorry for that. That is a sad story. Jack was the biggest jackass of 'em all. :(

You have blessings from my heart, too, but you don't need to send me any money.

Chuckbert said...

Jack sure could be mean without even using his belt, paddle or loud words.

I've changed the cover of the album to the other interesting picture of the set. Karen was such a cute baby (and remains cute).

Marion Agnew said...

Oh I believe we ALL know who the jackass was in THAT conversation, JACK.

Why is it always the thoughtful, obedient ones whose hearts get hurted and thus come close to die from dispare? Perhaps Joshua can help us with the answer to that.

BobbieS53 said...

I, too, am so sorry that Jack hurt you so. I agree that he was the Jackass! How can someone have a family that they do not cherish? We sure did spite him by turning out to be intelligent, contributing, successful, and loving individuals.