Sunday, February 15, 2009

Chuckbert's Cheesey Chookies

With all recent posts from the accomplished cooks in this family, I thought I'd share a recipe I tried yesterday, Alton Brown's Parmesan Crisps. I prefer to call them Chuckbert's Cheesey Chookies, because of Chuckbert's fondness for parmesan.

Ingredients
3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano
Freshly ground black pepper, smoked paprika, or cayenne, optional

Directions
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.

Grate the cheese on the small-hole side of a 4-sided box grater into a small bowl. We call our box grater "The Butcher of Hungary," because as you grate, it also neatly removes flesh. 

The Butcher.

Using a tablespoon measure, place cheese in mounds onto a nonstick silicone pad or greased parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Flatten out mounds with the back of a spoon, making sure mounds are at least 4 inches apart. Season with pepper, paprika, or cayenne, if desired. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden.


Here are some finished chookies. They have a lacy look because I flattened them too much. I seasoned them with freshly ground black pepper. They are really good!


4 comments:

Chuckbert said...

Ooooh! I know what's for breakfast!

The best part of a grilled cheese sandwich is the cheese that oozes onto the griddle. These will be out of this world.

Thanks!

MrBears said...

Oh thanks pagrs. Now I have to clean my computer after licking the monitor and drooling all over the keyboard.

RetroMag said...

Are you supposed to serve these with soup or salad or something (if there are any left!)

Poss said...

they look really good. I just made a double batch since the first batch was gone in sixty seconds