Sunday, March 15, 2009

Erasing the lines between physics and chemistry

Yesterday at Otowi Station we had our third annual celebration of Einstein's Birthday and Pi Day, and of course we featured Pi Cake. Taking their cue from the cartoon of Einstein holding a test tube with a cocktail umbrella, the bakers at the local grocery store really got into the decorating.

Because Pi Day fell on Saturday this year, we had huge complement of little kids, who smeared cake and frosting from hell to breakfast. Fortunately, Kathleen was quick with the carpet cleaner.


Hap-π birthday, Albert Einstein!











3 comments:

BobbieS53 said...

Dang! I wish I had remembered! I would have been there! Mmmmm Pi cake...

RetroMag said...

Man, that was some decoratig feat! I, too, had my usual memory lapse. Darn! Did you have a nice turnout besides the little folks?

MrBears said...

If you would have served mini pies for pi day instead of pi cake you would of had only crumbs to vacuum up. Much easier than all that frosting covering everything. But, I'm no Einstein

I hope it was a successful day for Otiwi Station... it only takes one person to learn something new and from what I've heard through the blogs, there is something learned every day by/from customers every day!

My word verification is GRAIN as in a grain of salt. Even if we learn a grain of salt each day we've learn a lot over our lifetime.

Books - a lifetime of learning and enjoyment!