Thursday, March 26, 2009

May I also suggest Barbie's Malibu Dream Coffin®?

A young man about 18 years old came in the store the other day and asked for a copy of Breaking Dawn. He was dressed all in black and was wearing vampire fangs. Even though nuance is often lost on me, I got it even before he said that his outfit was his vampire look. He asked me to retie his leather "Edward" bracelet. ("Make sure it has three knots. It's very important to have three knots." Otowi Station. Your full-service bookstore.) Then he invited me to check out his cool Edward necklace, which he hauled on a chain from the depths of his shirt. He said the only thing missing from his look was glitter that would show up on his face when the sun shone. So I sold him a bottle of "Little Princess Body Glitter."

I thought vampires would use "Fang for Men Glitter," but what do I know?


"I'd also like two orange Tootsie Pops."

4 comments:

BobbieS53 said...

Have you read the "Twilight" series? It's very good for light reading and young adults. It has sure influenced a lot of young people. I want to see that vampire look!

Word verif: undnede (which could almost be undead, I guess!)

Chuckbert said...

I never run into vampires when I'm out shopping. You're lucky to have them in your store.

Glitter. Who would have thought.

BobbieS53 said...

The glitter has to do with the vampire in the "Twilight" books...his skin is like marble and glitters in the sunlight.

Marion Agnew said...

As long as the money doesn't disappear in the sunlight...