Thursday, August 27, 2009

Could you be a bookseller who drinks? Take this quiz and find out!

If you were the boss, which of the following reasons for resigning immediately would make you reach for a bottle of fine Irish whiskey--or at least a handful of cookies?

a. I resign from my position at Otowi Station effective immediately. My spouse died last night, and I must return to the farm in Kansas immediately to settle the estate and to care for the aged parents.

b. I learned that I am pregnant, and my physician prescribes complete bed rest for nine months to reduce the chances of premature labor. Please accept my resignation from Otowi Station effective immediately.

c. I hereby tender my resignation from my position at Otowi Station Bookstore, effective immediately. The reason for my decision to resign is the on-going outbreak of "flu-like" illness in Los Alamos. Because of it and because of what I fear will unfold over the next few months, I no longer feel safe working with the public, or being in crowded conditions under any circumstances that I can possibly avoid. Though I hope not, I suspect it'll be a long winter.

6 comments:

MrBears said...

a and b are a hand full of cookies and a large glass of cold milk.

c is fine Irish whiskey or any form of alcohol. Enough alcohol in the old system should kill any flu germs those inconsiderate Otowi Station customers try to pass on.

Cheers!

Chuckbert said...

I hope you and all of your employees wear protective gear this winter. And eat nice cookies.

Hey, you can keep a stash of cookies in your respirators!

Poss said...

get your flu shots early. The regular shots are out. Get a pneumonia shot if you haven't gotten it. You are in the age/risk group.
do as Chuckie says and have masks available. Have hand sanitizer at the door and encourage people to use it. Have a pen for customers and only use your pen for writing. Wash hands frequently.

BobbieS53 said...

YIKES! Flu! I'm good at getting a flu shot. I'll ask for a pneumonia shot when I go for my physical...This winter won't be any longer than last winter, I think.

Colleen said...

The real reason was probably much stupider.

Judy said...

You've heard all of these, right?