Friday, April 4, 2008

When you're down and out, lift up your head and shout, "La plomberie est imparfaite, et je suis incapable de se laver!"

One of my favorite channels on XM radio is 102, Sur la Route, which features French pop tunes. I love to listen to it when I'm feeling down. I never know what the lyrics are, but even if the song were about a school bus being hit by a train, it still makes me happy because the music is so great.

Today I was listening to Sur la Route on the way to work, and the song seemed vaguely familiar. The title wasn't much help, because my knowledge of French fits in the eye of a needle. When I got to work, I wrote down the title and the artist, used Google, and sure enough, the tune was the one we called "that breathing song" in college, "Je t'aime (moi non plus)." You can also find it on YouTube, but the recording is more vivid and erotic than the videos.

No comments: