Saturday, June 14, 2008

'Twas ever thus

I paid off my car in May. Yesterday as we were loading Ike into the car for walkies and donut holes downtown, Michele said, "Somebody banged your car." And sure enough, some @%$^*@ had hit the back bumper, dislocated a panel, and left without leaving a note. I'm steamed. (An' P-doobie don't like bein' steamed.) I'll take it to a body shop and get an estimate. If it's reasonable, I'll pay out of pocket. Son of a . . . .


Ouch!


Scccccrrrrape!

I got my eyes checked (why, P-doobie? Don't you like them striped?) on Thursday, and I'm getting new reading glasses with anti-glare coating so I work at the computer at the store with less strain and with transitional lenses so I can read outside. I also told the nice helper that I want frames that would be suitable for use by a 12-year-old boy. I'm hard on frames.

Our white roses are blooming in the back yard.

4 comments:

Chuckbert said...

Sorry about Sophie. I hope she's all better soon.

At least you have some nice roses to cheer you up. Roses are so pretty.

BobbieS53 said...

Sorry about your car, P-Doobie. I hate having to get things repaired around here. Good luck!

Stop and smell the roses while you're reading outside with your new specs.

Shoe said...

I had that happen to me. I came out of Trader Joes to find a note on my windshield...from a witness. A very good witness, I might add. I called the cops and the officer found out who the car was registered to and contacted the old lady driver. It was a bit of a hassle getting her to respond, but finally her insurance compnay paid for it.

It really made me mad that she didn't initially take responsibility!

RetroMag said...

iuebarsThat's a real bummer about Sophie. Would your insurance get hiked up a lot if you filed a claim even though the damage wasn't your fault?

Enjoy your new glasses!

And the rose is so pretty. Are there lots of blossoms?