Friday, June 6, 2008

Two pieces of exciting news, and one piece of exciting possibility

The Otowi Station website is live! Send congratulatory notes and praise to michele@otowistation.com. She did yeoman's work! Woo-HOO!

I paid off my car! I've given myself a $573/month raise.

Sophie is mine, all mine.

We also have an opportunity to get the space next to us at the store. The mortgage company that was our neighbor went belly-up. We talked with our landlord yesterday, and he's very interested in having us expand; he will reduce the rent and throw in new flooring. We need to talk with our banker, find out how much a remodel would set us back, and consider other issues. The staff is excited by the possibility. Becky said, "I can finally live out my dream of living in a bookstore! Oh, and can we have a candy room?"

These are exciting times for us.

4 comments:

Chuckbert said...

Congratulations! Congratulations! And Good Luck!

I'm happy you finally have a web site (after years of it being "coming soon").

Paid for cars are nice. The only problem is when you get a new one and take that big cut in pay.

Buford's East? Mmmmmmm. Old candy! I vote for that use of any new space. Good luck!

Shoe said...

Congrats! Yippee! Nice job on the website, Michele! That was a lot of work!

Hmmm....I think $573 is just about enough for a plane ticket to CA!

RetroMag said...

When do I get to ride in YOUR VERY OWN car?

I hope your expansion materializes. I'm looking forward to the candy!

MrBears said...

Congratulations on Chuckbert no longer nagging you about your website.
In So. Cal Sophie would now own you!
Get to your banker quick, before Starbucks moves in!